Dark circles under the eyes are caused by weakened capillaries in the skin surrounding the eyes, and the tint of these circles can seem darker or lighter depending on skin tone. Many people inherit this dark circle problem where they get it for no other reason.
People who face this dark circle problem can try certain easy remedies to reduce the darkness of the circles but none of them promises to diminish the circles completely. One needs to sleep properly and eat healthy diet to diminish the dark circles from the face. Some cosmetic creams promise to reduce the dark circles but they might give you puffiness around your eyes.
Causes Of Dark Circles:
- Aging, which causes already delicate skin under the eye to become thinner
- Alcohol, caffeine or sodium consumption
- Certain medications, such as birth control pills
- Inherited (genetic) factors
- Insomnia or poor quality sleep
- Shadows created by swollen lower eyelids or deep set eyes
- Sun exposure
Treatment Of Dark Circles:
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, or possibly take naps in between the day. Getting enough sleep can significantly reduce eye.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes. This reduces the dilation and discoloration in the blood vessels. Instead of an ice pack, you could also try a bag of frozen peas, a chilled teabag and a cold spoon.
- This happens to be one of the most commonly used remedies for reducing puffiness and dark circles, as it immediately refreshes the skin around your eyes. Apply a thick slice of chilled cucumber on each eye and just relax for about 15 to 20 minutes. For best results, use this remedy every day.
- Place two or more pillows under your head when you sleep or take a nap. This prevents the puffiness that occurs when liquid gathers in the lower eyelid.
- There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten the dark circles and get rid of the puffiness around the eyes. Grate two small chilled potatoes and apply it on to your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes, before rinsing your eyelids off with cool water.
- Drink plenty of fluids at least 2 liters of water a day to keep the skin smooth and supple.
- In the night apply a good company's under eye gel or cream to reduce the darkness around the eyes.
- You can hide your dark circles with a lighter shade of conceler when putting make up on your skin.